Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home in Second Life: Caledon Downs

It's taken a while, but I finally have my home in Second Life.  I figured I really didn't need a large home, so I opted for a smaller home that I bought.  It's a Celtic round house, and I love it.  It didn't have many prims, so it made for a better design overall.

So instead of having a huge house with no yard, I have a tiny house with a huge garden.  I haven't placed any flowers out yet, but I will soon.  Right now, I'm more concerned with meeting spaces to allow students to come and visit me during office hours.  

In the near future I will be adding a video feed to the screen in my home, and will be working on some presentation tools for my students.  Stay tuned for more developments on the Second Life distance education tools. 

If you have a second life account, feel free to visit!  If not, feel free to sign up!  It's free, and there are a lot of fun things you can do in Second Life.  For instance, if you go to the Paris 1900 sim, you can ride up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and parachute off.  ^_^  

To visit my home in Caledon Downs, follow this URL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Caledon%20Downs/59/144/45

Hope to see you there! 

No comments: