Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm Alive and Feeling Like a Kraut

The past couple of weeks have been really intense, with most of my days taken up by either teaching, or preparing to teach classes. So, I apologize to the few people who read my drivel. ^_^

Seriously though, there has been a lot on my mind as I read, listen, and watch the news going on. And what's the first thing that comes to mind? Oktoberfest! Yes, that's right, it's that time of year again. Germans, Swiss, Austrians, and all the other Germanic groups out there spend this time enjoying the stereotype of Bravaria, as they swill beer, eat great German food, and yodel in the hills.

If you are in the Utah area at all this month, or even into next month, feel free to stop by the Snowbird Resort. The food is excellent (though I prefer Rhineland sauerkraut rather than the Bravarian sauerkraut), and the singing and yodeling is enjoyable as well. Perhaps you will even see some fun spoon playing techniques.

If this doesn't tickle your fancy, you are not alone. But for nothing else, it's a great opportunity to enjoy one of the great ethnic celebrations Utah has to offer. So, if I don't see you until then, auf Weitersehen!

No comments: